By Diane Long Hoeveler,Deborah Denenholz Morse
A better half to the Brontës brings the most recent literary examine and idea to endure at the lifestyles, paintings, and legacy of the Brontë family.
- Includes sections on literary and demanding contexts, person texts, ancient and cultural contexts, reception stories, and the family’s carrying on with influence
- Features in-depth articles written via recognized and rising students from round the world
- Addresses themes reminiscent of the Gothic culture, movie and dramatic edition, psychoanalytic methods, the effect of faith, and political and felony questions of the day – from divorce and feminine disinheritance, to employee reform
- Incorporates contemporary paintings in Marxist, feminist, post-colonial, and race and gender studies
Read or Download A Companion to the Brontes (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) PDF
Similar literary criticism & theory_1 books
Thomas Pynchon's novel, The Crying of Lot forty nine, is widely known as an important modern paintings that frames the need for that means and the search for wisdom in the social and political contexts of the fifties and sixties in the USA. within the creation to this choice of unique essays, Patrick O'Donnell discusses the history and important reception of the radical.
Ulrike Draesner is a prize-winning author of novels, brief tales, severe essays and poetry, and one of many finest authors in Germany this present day. whereas a few volumes were released in German on her paintings, the present significant other bargains the 1st quantity on Draesner in English, capitalising at the curiosity in her paintings in Germany and extra afield.
Modifying track in Early smooth Germany argues that editors performed a serious function within the transmission and reception of Italian tune open air Italy. Like their opposite numbers on this planet of classical studying, Renaissance tune editors translated texts and transformed settings from Venetian guides, adapting them to the wishes of northern audiences.
Perfect for revision, Oxford Literature partners supply student-friendly research of a number of renowned GCSE set texts. every one e-book deals a full of life, attractive method of the textual content, overlaying characters, topics, language, functionality and contexts, when additionally supplying a variety of various and in-depth actions to deepen figuring out and inspire shut paintings with the textual content.
- Handbook of British Literature and Culture of the First World War (Handbooks of English and American Studies)
- The Cambridge History of the English Short Story
- Japan, Its History, Arts, and Literature
- The Green Ghost: William Burroughs and the Ecological Mind
Extra resources for A Companion to the Brontes (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture)
A Companion to the Brontes (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) by Diane Long Hoeveler,Deborah Denenholz Morse