By Betine van Zyl Smit
- Represents the 1st quantity to provide an entire review of the reception of historic drama from antiquity to the present
- Covers the interpretation, transmission, functionality, construction, and edition of Greek tragedy from the time the performs have been first created in historic Athens throughout the twenty first century
- Features overviews of the background of the reception of Greek drama in such a lot international locations of the world
- Includes chapters overlaying the reception of Greek drama in sleek opera and film
Read Online or Download A Handbook to the Reception of Greek Drama (HCRZ - Wiley Blackwell Handbooks to Classical Reception) PDF
Best literary criticism & theory_1 books
Thomas Pynchon's novel, The Crying of Lot forty nine, is widely known as an important modern paintings that frames the will for which means and the hunt for wisdom in the social and political contexts of the fifties and sixties in the United States. within the advent to this choice of unique essays, Patrick O'Donnell discusses the heritage and important reception of the radical.
Ulrike Draesner is a prize-winning author of novels, brief tales, severe essays and poetry, and one of many most efficient authors in Germany this present day. whereas a couple of volumes were released in German on her paintings, the present spouse deals the 1st quantity on Draesner in English, capitalising at the curiosity in her paintings in Germany and additional afield.
Modifying track in Early glossy Germany argues that editors performed a severe position within the transmission and reception of Italian tune outdoors Italy. Like their opposite numbers on the planet of classical studying, Renaissance song editors translated texts and transformed settings from Venetian guides, adapting them to the desires of northern audiences.
Excellent for revision, Oxford Literature partners offer student-friendly research of various renowned GCSE set texts. every one publication deals a full of life, attractive method of the textual content, overlaying characters, subject matters, language, functionality and contexts, when additionally delivering a number of diversified and in-depth actions to deepen knowing and inspire shut paintings with the textual content.
- Traces of the Old, Uses of the New: The Emergence of Digital Literary Studies (Editorial Theory And Literary Criticism)
- Singapore Literature and Culture: Current Directions in Local and Global Contexts (Routledge Studies in Twentieth-Century Literature)
- The Enmity of Joseph Conrad to Literature
- Bombay Modern: Arun Kolatkar and Bilingual Literary Culture (FlashPoints)
Extra resources for A Handbook to the Reception of Greek Drama (HCRZ - Wiley Blackwell Handbooks to Classical Reception)
A Handbook to the Reception of Greek Drama (HCRZ - Wiley Blackwell Handbooks to Classical Reception) by Betine van Zyl Smit